8 Ways We Help The HR Bottom Line
September 19, 2023
Effective outsourced human resource (HR) practices can significantly contribute to improving the financial bottom line. Investing in HR support when required can save people problems later down the line.
HR consultancy can be used to support existing HR departments with additional projects that you don’t have time for. Alternatively if you don’t wish to incur the cost of a full time HR department, we can assist on a retainer basis providing support as and when required all year round or for specific projects where extra expertise is needed so you can focus on your business.
How might HR consultancy services typically help?
- We can assist with talent acquisition and retention. Drawing up job descriptions, advertisements and interview documentation as well as supporting the interview and appointment process, onboarding and inducting new employees.
- Engaged employees are more productive and committed to their work. We can advise on recognition and reward schemes as well as ways to enhance employee engagement leading to higher overall performance.
- We can assist in identifying skills gaps within your organisation and implement training and development programmes to address them increasing efficiency, motivation and competitiveness.
- Effective performance management can be put in place to support management processes, goal setting, supporting your managers with performance evaluation and feedback. We can help put in place high performance metrics and coaching support enhancing accountability and driving business results. We can support you with difficult or sensitive conversations for example if a staff member needs to exit in sensitive circumstances. We can also provide an independent view or second opinion.
- Employee wellbeing and work-life balance are priorities right now for many employers. We can help you put in place the right wellbeing policies and processes to support your staff and guide and train managers to promote a healthy work environment, reducing absenteeism, quiet quitting and reducing staff turnover.
- Our HR consultancy also ensures compliance with employment laws and regulations, mitigating the risk of red tape, penalties and law suits by keeping our employer clients the right side of employment laws. This reduces the risk of higher employee turnover and also reduces the risk of employment tribunal claims and court proceedings. Changing terms and conditions, introducing new working practices or consulting in line with legal requirements are all common areas where we support.
- Succession planning is part of every business or should be. What is your succession plan? Where will you or your department be in 3, 5 or 10 years time? What do you need to put in place now to help you get there effectively and with minimal disruption?
- Culture of course plays a big part. Training managers and fostering a consistent fair workplace culture enhances morale, reduces turnover and positively impacts performance. It also helps avoid costly discrimination claims and down time sorting out complaints and grievances.
The starting point is usually an HR review or discussion to hear from you what your people challenges are. How can we help your organisation with effective workplace practices to make work better for you, your staff and your organisation?
Get in touch